Do you love YouTube and watch videos all night? Why don’t relax your eyes and brain by turning lights off? A Reddit user found a way to activate dark mode in YouTube. YouTube was secretly testing this feature in some areas. It showed up to me when I was using YouTube using a VPN. But there was no particular method to activate dark mode on YouTube for everyone. Thanks to the Reddit user, who found a way to get this dark mode for everyone. Let’s talk about secret YouTube dark mode. You can easily activate it by following this guide:
- You must have the latest version of Google Chrome (version 57+)
- Now, visit YouTube.com and then open developers Window by using pressing Ctrl + Shift + I (Windows) or Option + Command + I (Mac)
- Now you will see “console” tab on top
- Select the console tab and then enter this text: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE” and hit the enter key.
- Close the developer’s window and then refresh the YouTube homepage and wait till it reloads
- Now, you will see a new YouTube layout, but you still have to turn ON the dark mode
- See on your top right side and click on your profile or channel pic
- You will see advanced settings
- Look for dark mode option and turn it on
- Here you go!
Now, you can watch YouTube videos without punishing your eyes. It is not officially announced yet, but you can get it by following this method. YouTube is testing this feature in several countries on selected accounts, and it looks pretty awesome. Till Official announcement, enjoy dark mode on YouTube and save your eyes.