How to enable Slide to Shutdown Windows?
Windows is the most popular Operating System built till date and is full of features. These functions include hidden as well as other features. One of them is “Slide Down to Shutdown Windows.” If you are using a formal method of shutting down windows, then your are obviously not cool. You should try this awesome way of turning off windows known as “Slide to Shutdown Windows.”
You can enable this feature in three ways. To enable this hidden feature of Windows, you have to create or find out the .exe file. Here are three methods to Slide to Shutdown Windows:
- Write “slidetoshutdown.exe” in Windows Search and you will see a command.
- Press Enter key and Slide to Shutdown Windows feature will appear.
- You can also right-click on the file in the search bar and select “Locate this file” to know it’s exact location.
- Copy and paste the .exe shortcut anywhere you want for ease.
- Type %windir%\System32\SlideToShutDown.exe in Windows search
- Right Click and open file location.
- Press Enter to activate or locate the file by the way I mentioned in the first method.
- Right Click on it and send it to desktop or Pin it to Start Menu.
If you want to make this feature handy, then you can try this method. You don’t have to click on the .exe file everytime to Shutdown the Windows. Just press those key combinations and you will see “Slide to Shutdown Windows” feature right on your screen.
- Right, Click on the shortcut which you created and open properties.
- Set your favorite key combination to execute this feature with ease.
- Follow the Screenshot below to get help.