Increase internal Storage of Android Using SD Card
If you got an Android Smartphone with a small internal storage, then you might feel unhappy. You might have limited Apps installed on your smartphone. Seeing “Storage Space Running Out” is a nightmare. But I have got you covered. You can increase your internal storage using your SD card. Here is how to increase internal Storage of Android Using SD Card.
How to increase internal Storage of Android Using SD Card?
To get started, make sure that you have these things with you:
- MicroSD Card (2GB or above)
- MiniTool Partition Manager
- Rooted Android Smartphone
- Link2SD App installed
If your smartphone is not rooted then you must go through this guide of how to root almost any Android Smartphone. Now let’s Start. To create more internal storage you need to make two partitions on your SD Card. The first partition will work as an SD Card, and the other one will function as an Internal Storage. I will enable you to increase Internal Storage using your SD Card.
Step by Step Guide:
Save all your Sd card data if any. Because you have to format SD Card to create partitions just like we make partitions during Windows installation. Follow these Steps to increase internal Storage of Android Using SD Card:
- Install MiniTool Partitions Wizard on your Computer which will help us in creating partition quickly.
- Go to “This PC” and Note down the letter/name of your SD Card drive. It is necessary. Otherwise, you will end up in deleting another drive.
- Open MiniTool and then locate your SD Card.
- Delete the SD card partition. You have to create two partitions here. Choose the partitions size you want.
- Right Click on your “SD Card” and Select “Create” Option. Now select the Primary partition and FAT filesystem (recommended for card size less than 4GB) and FAT32 (recommended for size more than 4GB). At least leave 512 MB space for another partition.
- Click on Done. And then right click on unallocated space of your memory card, then use the same procedure by creating a new partition but this time select EX2, EX3, Ex4 as the file system(Ex2 is recommended). Click on Apply changes and wait for it to get things done.
- Now Install Link2Sd App in your smartphone from Google Play Store. Open the App; it will ask for root permission. Grant permissions. Then it will ask for the .ext partition that you created earlier. Select the Ex2 or Ex3 or Ex4 (you used during partition).
- It will display “Mount Script Created“. Reboot your Android smartphone.
- If no error message appears after opening Linkk2SD, then it means that you have successfully increased internal memory of your Android Smartphone.
- Open Link2SD App>>Settings>> Check “Auto Link” option. It will move all your apps to your memory card automatically.
You can also set to automatically/Force move Apps to SD card by Link2SD App if you don’t want to create partition.
That is how to increase internal Storage of Android Using SD Card. But let me tell you one thing that your SD Card may not work if you create partitions again and again. If you have a friend who wants to increase internal storage, then share this with him/her. Ask me anything about this in the comments below and I will try to answer your questions ASAP. Don’t forget to like my Facebook Page.