How to install Google Chrome extensions on Opera Browser (Vice versa!) easily?
Google Chrome is the most popular browser among people, and it should be as it is fast, responsive and the best part is it supports plenty of extensions and apps. The apps and extensions make Google Chrome top productive browser, and that’s why people use it. The side effect of Google Chrome is that it eats plenty of battery and sometimes cause laptops, PC hanging issues. Some other browsers save tons of battery and are near to Google Chrome. Opera browser is one of them as the company evolved it’s browser to compete with Google and others in this game. I have been using this browser for three months, and I found it useful, battery saving and productive. There are many Google Chrome extensions available on Opera platform, but if you can’t live without Google Chrome extensions, then this article is for you. You can get Google Chrome extensions on Opera browser and Opera extensions on Google Chrome. Here is how you can do that:
Google Chrome extensions on Opera:
Google Chrome have some substantial collection of extensions for Productivity, Art, Music, Notes, Coding and much more. But what will happen if you move away from Google Chrome? Well! Take them with you. Latest versions of Google Chrome and Opera browsers are similar. Google Chrome has been hard at work on a new Webkit-based engine that powers the both. As a result, we can install extensions of both platforms on each other. Here is how to do it.
For this, you must have Opera 15 or higher and Google Chrome version 28 or greater. To install Google Chrome extension on Opera is easy. You just have to download Chrome extension installer for Opera. The link to that extension is below. After installing this extension just visit Google Chrome store and install whatever you want on Opera. It will not complain about an unsupported browser or anything. Remember that you can only install extensions from Google Chrome Store to Opera browser. Apps of Chrome Webstore are not supported at this time.
Opera extensions on Google Chrome:
- Make sure that Opera Next 15 is installed on your computer.
- Then, visit the new Opera add-ons page. You have to visit this particular page in Opera Next. It is important because the page auto-detects which version you’re using, and will only show you compatible extensions for that version of Opera. To get the extensions that’ll also work in Chrome, you have to use Opera 15 to browse the store.
- When you find your favorite one, instead of clicking “Add to Opera,” right-click the button and select “Save Linked Content As…” and save the .nex extension file somewhere you can get to it.
- Grab the .nex file and rename it to end in .crx.
- Open Chrome, and drag and drop the .crx file onto Chrome. You’ll be prompted to review the permissions before installing it.
That’s it. It would quickly work if you did it in the right way. You don’t need to install Chrome to run extensions on Opera as the Download Chrome extension will do everything for you. But for Opera to Chrome, you need to follow these guidelines by installing Opera to download extensions. Now you can install Google Chrome extensions on Opera and vice versa.
Follow me on Facebook @realabdugeek and on other platforms @abdugeek. Do share this with your friends so that they can avail this trick. Like my Facebook page for more. 🙂